Thursday, November 15, 2007
Catch up.
So with this blog I'm hoping that I can keep everyone up to date with things that are going on with Charlie and I. As you know we moved to Texas the first of
August. (First pic is a pic of Kilgore, Texas where Charlie works) It was a very long drive but we did it. It was also fun to make that drive again. I hadn't made it in a few years and Charlie had never driven it, so he got to see a lot of the country he hadn't seen before. Although we did move to Texas in the hottest month of the year. For the first couple of weeks of work for Charlie he would come home and all he could say about the day was "hot". The humity got the best of him for the first little while. But he made it through it and he is loving his job and his new crew. (Pictured below)I didn't work for the first
month that we were here and it was very different. I haven't gone that long without a job or school in...I don't know how long. But it was fun to have that month to get a feel for the area and get us an apartment. Although me 'getting a feel for the area' ment getting lost...almost everyday! I kept calling my mom and having her find me on mapquest so she could give me direction to what I was looking for. Thanks Mom. And after we got here we had some car problems that was a little much. But Mom and Steve were here to visit Alicia and the girls just after we moved down here, and it was great to see them and get another chance to say good-bye. After we moved into our new place we got our new puppy Chloe. (Pic Below is Chloe, she's a rat terrier)
And she has more of a hand-full than any other dog I have ever had, but she is so worth it. As long as you don't ask Eugene, he wasn't crazy about her. We got her from the pound, Aunt Lori would be so proud! And after having her only three weeks she had been to the vet three times. But she's fine now, and has more energy than she knows what to do with. My Dad came to visit us soon after and we spent a great weekend with him. We got our first trip to Shreveport, LA. (Pic below, Charlie and I at the Boardwalk)
We spent the day in the casinos like true siners, and had a blast. I started at Victoria's Secret around this time and have been loving my job ever since. We have made some really great friends. Charlie's crew that he works with is a group of four guys. His supervisor Bryan Couch and his girl-friend Kristy Self are currently the couple we hang out with almost every chance we get. Kristy and I have a great time just hanging out with or without the boys and we BS about not
hing. (Below is a pic of Me and Kristy when we took the boys to the haunted house) And Charlie and Byran are both really into sports and working out. so we go to their house to watch the games and they come over to watch the fights, and Charlie has himself a little workout buddy now. They are so much fun and we have really enjoyed getting to know them. This last week we were lucky enough to get to have Jill and Eugene visit us for a whole week. Charlie was able to get some time off work and he took his parents to Shreveport. We all went to Oakwood to visit my aunt's deer ranch so Eugene could see some white tail deer. They all went to tour Kilgore, and I took Jill antique shopping. Charlie had to go back to work so i took them to Houston, Galveston, and Kehma so they could see the Gulf Coast. It was a lot of fun to see them and now we are getting ready for the Holiday events. So that is about it for our last three months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment