Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Where We've Been

So I say where we've been, but really Charlie has only been in one place and I have been all over. I finished school the first week of May, and for those of you that don't know I graduated (whoo hoo)! Since then Charlie and I have been super busy. Charlie has been working in Louisana for Shell, and clocking some major hours. The second week of May I went to Houston for a Leadership Workshop for work. It was a lot of fun, and of course we learned a lot. The travel was the hard part... Victoria's Secret decided that if you lived more than 3 hours from Houston that you had to fly, well we live 3.5 hours! So we drove an hour to Shreveport to fly to Houston, laugh if you must cause I thought it was funny too. Well our flight got cancelled Monday night so we didn't leave Shreveport until Tuesday morning. So we went out to dinner and went to the boats (aka the casino). Holly won money, but after I lost twenty bucks I called it a night, but not before I took a crazy picture by the million dollar wall. After class on Tuesday we went to dinner at P.F. Changs with my Dad. It was so great to see him. He met us down there in his hott car so he wasn't able to give the four of us a ride back to our hotel. So we called the Yellow Cab, and this was the craziest cab I have ever been in! This lady took the middle seat in her mini van and laid out a rug and she had a stuffed white tiger on the floor! She was the strangest lady that I have ever rode with. She got us back safe but it was almost scary! We learned so much in Houston, and we had a lot of fun while we were there.

Once we were back in town I think I saw Charlie for one night, and then he left for work again. Then Steve, Gabe, Alicia, and the girls came out to see me for the day on Saturday. I haven't seen Steve since last summer so it was great to see him. We got to go to lunch and he got to see our home for the first time.

Then next day one of my friends Brooke (also on of my associates) left at 5 am for Mississippi! We met up with a couple girls from the Tyler VS and drove 6 hours to the Northpark Mall in Jackson Mississippi. They got remodled so we drove out there to help them set up the new store. Check out the pictures for this one. They went from an old bond street model store to a new 34th street style. It was a lot of work and we clocked 55 hours in four days to get them open, but it was so worth it! Their new store is beautiful, congrats to the girls at 131!

1 comment:

Tracy Lawley said...

Glad your home (temporarily) to hug puppies! You look fabulous! Y'all will have a ball in Reno/Tahoe. Love U/Mom