Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Home Stretch!!

So as of tomorrow I will be 35 weeks pregnant!!! I can't believe that in just a month our little girl will be here and Charlie and I will be parents! (even though Charlie is convinced that I'm going to make it to my due date, but only she knows when she's going to make her big debut) So far it has been a fairly easy pregnancy, but as I get bigger it is getting harder. I am still working full time, and some days it feels like more but for the most part I'm doing great. Just the typical pregnancy side effects, you know, the waddle when I walk, not being able to bend down to get stuff, and my constant fat feet! It is becoming more and more real that she is on her way, and Charlie even said he realized it the other day too. Now that we are in the home stretch and the baby showers are over I've been getting her room together and getting the rest of the house ready for her arrival. Charlie said he realized the house wasn't his anymore when he got in the shower and there was a big frog shower caddy hanging on the wall!! Haha! Every room you go into in our house has baby stuff in it, and she's not even here yet. We are getting so excited to have her here and to bring her home with us! We get to have our last ultrasound on the 7th, and its going to be so great to see her again. We haven't had one since before Christmas and she was still skinny. This time we will be able to see how much she has grown, filled out, and on the 3D get to really see her facial features. We will be checking to make sure she is in the correct position for delivery, weigh, and measure her. I'm hoping that she is around the 6lb mark, and from the bruising on my ribs I'm convinced that she is almost 2 feet long!! This little girl is so active, and she may come out running!! But as she is running out of room her kicking has become more of rolling around and stretching. Last night we were lying in bed and she was wide awake and 'tickling' my ribs. Charlie put his hand on my belly and felt her move around for a while. I told him 'isn't it crazy that she's really in there', and he said 'if she is like this all the time, I don't know how you ever sleep!' Haha! Here are some pictures of her room and in just a few short weeks she will be here to enjoy it.



3 comments:

~Kara~ said...

Very cute room! How exciting for you guys!

Brady and Christi said...

You're almost there!!! I'm so excited for you to be a mom! It is the most amazing thing in the world. Especially to be the mom of a little girl, there's nothing like it! Good luck with everything! Love the room!! :)

chelse said...

super cute. I want to get pregnant just so I can decorate a nursery