Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

36 weeks, and my silly husband!

So today we hit 36 weeks!! It is crazy we only have four weeks left till she is here, we can't wait to meet her! So as we get closer Charlie has shared more and more of his parenting and pregnancy theories with me. They are so great that I have to share some of them with you.

On Parenting...
He feels that we need to get organized and be in charge of certain things so we know whats going on. Okay I agree I like to be organized, but then he says to do this we need to be in charge of different 'departments' of parenting. So that we don't run into the 'too many chiefs not enough indians' problem. He told me that I will be in charge of the health and well-being departments, which will include the feeding, changing and overall everyday care! Nice. And he will head up the entertainment and leisure departments! I love that! Even better was when I told his sister Lizzie this she said... ' I would take him up on that. Once she is fed and has a clean diaper and is Still screaming, thats totally all in his department to make her stop.'

On pregnancy...
I have been waiting for my belly button to 'pop' for awhile now, but no such luck. So he told me the other day that I don't have a bellybutton, cause its not an innie or an outtie, its more like a smoothie! Gee thanks babe, if that wasn't a Wright comment! Then last night as he was half asleep he was asking why it takes so long for a baby to be made, and I started explaining why. Then he tells me that he thinks it takes that long because the baby can't find the way out! That she's swimming around in there for nine months just looking for the door out!

Charlie is so funny, I hope that our little girl gets his sense of humor and wit. He is so quick and always keeps me laughing! Although if she gets that Wright sense of humor and wit I might be lost a lot!

4 comments:

Donna Drews said...

You guys are going to be awesome parents. I can't wait to meet my newest niece!!

Jill said...

That post is the best laugh I've had in awhile. :) Tell him thanks for the commic relief! It's so fun to hear what he says and how he is about the whole baby process. He's going to be a great dad! I love Lizzie's comment! You go Liz! And as for being lost, you can be lost with me and Laura. ;)

Tracy Lawley said...

Love the idea of seperate parenting responsibilities...Y'all let us know how that works out for! hehehe

In 4 more weeks that "Smoothie" just might become the outie you were hoping for!
Love Y'all/Mom T

Katie said...

Keep writing this stuff down!! I LOVE reading it and you can always use it as a reference. I was going to say you could be lost with mom & Laura but she said it for me!! :)
Super excited for the big arrival (just like everyone else).