Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mackenzie Rae is here!!!

On Wednesday May 4th we went to the hospital to be induced. We checked in at 6 p.m. that evening and by 6:30 I had been hooked up to several monitors for my heart rate, the baby's heart rate, and to measure my contractions. They gave me my first round of drugs and we started the long process of waiting. Charlie and I got ready to settle in for the night, and my Dad and Uncle Joe hung out with us till late. We tried to get sleep, but as the drugs started to kick in I was having a lot of back labor and couldn't get to sleep. After I resisted to take pain meds as long as I could I gave in and got some. Lets just say they were amazing, I dozed off in the middle of a sentence! Around 11:30 p.m. they checked me and I had only dilated to a one so they gave me my second round of drugs to get things progressing, and we continued to wait. Around 7 am the doctor came in and I had made it to a two, and in only 13 short hours! So he decided to go ahead and break my water, and asked if I wanted and epidural. I was on the fence about one before I went in but after a long night of back labor and not a lot of sleep I took it! So amazing, I haven't slept that good in a long time (and probably wont for a lot longer). They then started me on pitocin to help speed things up. The contractions started coming too fast so the had to turn it off for awhile then they turned it back on and we had to slowly turn it up throughout the day. I was so numb during all this I couldn't feel the contractions I could just feel how uncomfortable I felt being in that bed. My sister Alicia, her husband Gabe and their two girls came down to be with us for the birth as well. Gabe left with the girls and the rest of us hung out and waited for me to progress, which turned out to be a very long process. I didn't make it to a nine until after dinner!! Around 8:30 p.m. I was on the verge of a ten so they moved me in the bed to help. It wasn't ten minutes later I had someone running to get the doctor. I felt as if she was going to come out on her own!! Strange feeling! Suddenly the room was filled with doctors, nurses, and techs all waiting. The family left the room except Charlie, my Dad and Alicia and I started pushing! After an hour of pushing she was here! Nothing could have prepared me for the feeling of giving birth, but it was amazing! I can't even explain it. So after lots of medical help and 27 hours of labor Mackenzie Rae Wright made her grand, and slow, appearance at 9:49 on May 5th she weighed 8 lbs and was 20 inches long! I have never been so taken by one experience in my whole life. It is crazy to think that you could love someone so much that you just met. But Charlie and I are so in love with her, and I love Charlie even more. It is amazing to look at her and think that she is all ours. Here are some pictures from labor and delivery, and her first week at home.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own slideshow

1 comment:

*Kelly Dawn* said...

Congratulations Michelle! She is beautiful! You will wonder how you can possibly love anything as much....then you'll have another one and you'll find that you have so much love to give that you're practically bursting with pride! I'm sure you're a great mom!