Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Our Trip

So I feel like we just traveled around the world. I thought it was a lot of work to travel with dogs, but I had no idea until I traveled with a baby! We spent two weeks on the road. We headed out on the 23rd and drove to Houston to spend the night with my dad, and so we could fly out the next morning. Hung out while he went to church and went to one of Charlie's favorite places... Pei Wei. Hoped to get some pool time but mother nature had other plans. We flew out the next morning to Salt Lake City and spent the weekend in Eden with Charlie's Family. We stayed in the really nice condo just down from Powder Mountain. It was a lot of fun and great to see everyone. We hung out, visited and went to a Raptors baseball game. I hadn't seen any other them since last summer, and the grandkids are so much fun. It is crazy how fast they change, and I'm loving that they are getting to the age that some of them remember us. Sunday we got to eat lunch with my Aunt Cheri and her family and JP, it was great to see them and have them meet Mack. And my cousins' kids were so excited about a new baby, they said they are going to teach Mack how to swim in the ocean this summer at POC! Then we headed into Salt Lake to hang out with my girlfriends. I was so excited, since the last time I saw them we were all pregnant. We have all had babies in the last 5 months and they hadn't seen Mack yet. So we got to hang out at Whit's and love on each other's babies. We then went to dinner, 8 adults and 4 babies!! It was a lot to handle when they all melted down about the same time!! That happens sometimes, but it was great to get to see them. We then got the chance to go see Kaydi's little guy, Gibson! Sari and I went up to see him while the guys stayed with the girls. He is doing so great and is actually at home now!! I'm so proud of Kaydi and Garrett, they have been so strong, and that little guy is so tough! He has one of the sweetest smiles! The next day we spent the morning with Whit and her boys, then headed to West Jordan to see Chelsee and her family. We didn't get to spend much time with them last trip home so it was great to hang out at their house and really catch up. Those boys are crazy and they gave Charlie a hard time!! It was funny to watch them beat up on him! After our weekend in Utah we headed to Bear Lake to hang out with my family. After so much travel it was nice to hang out for a few days. We got a chance to go and visit our grandparents and even got to spend a night hanging out with my aunts and uncles at my parents house! We took Charlie's mom and my Mom and Steve to the lake one night for dinner, cause you can't go home without going to Garden City. The lake was so high!! I don't remember the last time it looked that good, and it made me sad that we didn't have more time to enjoy so lake fun. But I did get my raspberry shake. After a couple days in Bear Lake it was back to the airport to fly to Houston. We got to spend a few days at my Dad's house, which was great. We got a chance to see a bunch of people including my Uncle Joe, Aunt Joannie, and my sister Donna and her family. Mack had her first swimming lesson, well really she just floated. She really like it though, and I can't wait till she's big enough to really play in the pool although we may never get her out. We made it back to our house on the 4th of July, but we missed out on fireworks this year. It was great to get to see so many people that we love. I wish that we could afford to see them more often (no we're not moving closer!) I am so thankful that we have so many people in our lives that care about us and about our little girl, we love you guys and can't wait to see you again at Christmas!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a digital slideshow

No comments: