Sunday, November 20, 2011
Houston Bound!!!
So it is official, we are moving... again! But this time is so different. Since Charlie started at Halliburton our goal was to one day get to Houston. Well the day has come, many years before we thought it would! So I don't have many details yet, but here is what I do know... Charlie is taking a position as a Regional Planner (I'll explain in a min) and will be working at the Boots and Coots office in Northwest Houston. So first Halliburton bought Boots and Coots a while back, and they took over the coiled tubing PSL. So Charlie works for Boots and Coots and Halliburton. Second his position he will be taking is a Regional Planner, I hope thats the right title, and its similar to what he does now. When Halliburton has a job call in anywhere in the US and that camp can't cover it for whatever reason, they will call Charlie. He will have several crews that report directly to him, based all over the US. And he will get the people and equipment in place to cover those jobs. So kind of what he does now but on a much larger scale. He will be working for the same guy that he was a year ago (Greg took a job in the Houston office about the time Charlie moved into the office last year). What else is neat is there are people in that office in Houston that Charlie and I worked with/for in Rock Springs! So he will have a lot of familiar faces. Now we don't have a for sure date on when we will be moving. We are thinking Charlie's official start date in the new position will be December 1st, so we have a year from that date to use the moving package. And let me tell you the moving package is AMAZING!!!! We own our house so we will have to sell our house and buy one in Houston. The second part of the sentence is way more fun than the first. The market in Texas, for those of you that don't know, is very different than the rest of the country right now. But I'm still nervous that we won't be able to sell, Charlie thinks our house will sell quick. The shopping and buying a new house will be fun, we have started to look and have found a few that we are in love with. Now we have each moved 7 times in the last 9 years, but this move will be totally different. We have been in this house for three and a half years, so we are a lot more settled than we have been anywhere else. And to add to it I have never moved with a baby! But thank you to Halliburton and their amazing relocation package they will pay for commercial movers to come in and move us!!! That is AMAZING!! Well that is about it. I'll keep you posted on our progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Congratulations!!! So happy for you!!! I am so excited to have you move to Houston because that's where you want to be. I was thinking you would be a bit closer, but no...you will be about 17 miles farther away. :( BUT, it will be easier to get to you than where you are now. :) AND, there is a national quilt festival in Houston every year and someday I want to go to it. :)
Yea!! Congrats! I need your mailing address so I can send you wedding stuff (or would it be better to send it to your Dad's house)? Text me 713-819-5092
Post a Comment