P.S. I promise I don't put her in her crib like this, she rolls all over the place.
Friday, November 11, 2011
What is sleep?
What is sleep... I forgot! After you're pregnant for 40 weeks, then have a newborn you forget what sleep is. And the sleep you do get is random and short! Everyone tells you that you won't sleep but I wasn't quite prepared for it. Well Mack started out being a great night sleeper, only getting up once or twice. Never a good napper, I had to hold her or bounce her to get her to stay asleep for naps. Well then she stopped being a great night sleeper and I lost what little sleep I was getting. I knew she didn't need anything when she was getting up she just wanted to be held or play. Well I have never wanted to do 'cry it out' with her, the thought just broke my heart. Well after about 6 weeks of no sleep I hit my breaking point!! I couldn't run on no sleep any longer. So Charlie and I talked to people that had done it with their kids and we decided to give it a try. Well we are two weeks in now, and I have to say it was one of the best decisions we have ever made. The first night was hard, and there have been a couple of naps that were tough. But for the most part it has become 'talk it out'.. haha she lays in her bed and talks for about ten mins then falls asleep! She can put her self to sleep!! She is now sleeping straight through the night, 7pm to 7am! And taking two to three naps a day!! And I can count on them! It is so crazy, but it has made a world of difference. She is happier because she has slept, I'm happier because I remembered what a good night sleep can do for a person! And Charlie is happier because he doesn't come home to two very sleepy girls everyday! I really fought doing 'cry it out' but now that we have done it and we are all sleeping better I'm so happy! And I'm so glad that she didn't fight it like I thought she would, and that she talks herself to sleep.

P.S. I promise I don't put her in her crib like this, she rolls all over the place.
P.S. I promise I don't put her in her crib like this, she rolls all over the place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Good for you Michelle. Bentley was 11 months old before I decided to let him 'cry it out' and it was hard. They say the longer you wait, the worse it'll be and I think they're right. But once it's over, so worth it:) She's getting so big. Crazy!
Super cute picture! I'm glad you're finally getting some sleep! Hey are you guys making the trip up for Christmas by chance?
Post a Comment