Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bear Lake...A Look Back!

First off sorry about the quality of the pictures, this was before digital was big and I don't have a scanner. As some of you know one of my best friends back home is going through a hard time right now and it got me thinking about Bear Lake.(by the way if she's reading this, I love you) I know that I am like most of the people I grew up with and we could wait to get out of Bear Lake, and man did Charlie and I get out and move away. You know like 1500 miles away. I still don't think that I could live in Bear Lake, but I do miss it and I had a great childhood there. And I met Charlie there, so I wouldn't have him if we both hadn't grown up in Bear Lake. I am still in contact with several of my girlfriends from there and I still love them. As I was thinking of home I just started to laugh thinking of the things that we got away with. One thing that is really strong right now is the fact that kevin and Brenda Jacobson (my second parents) just sold their house and moved into there new house that they built. First off that is so sad, I know that so many of my friends, and my sister know why this is sad. We grew up there, and so I started thinking about good times at the Jacobson's house. There are too many to tell you, but one that stands out is us playing kick the can with Kevin. First of all Jill I have to tell you that Blake and Margene's house was off limits, because she was the mean lady that would yell at us for playing in her yard! ha ha who knew she would some day be my aunt! Kevin got so mad one time we were playing, because we were winning, that he took the can and stood on top of the old red van until we all had to come out of hiding. You're crazy Kevin.


This is Me, Jamie (Shelton) Mecham, Chelse Matthews, and Sari (Romrell) Gunderson. I loved Lakettes! We had so many good times. I won't go into them, but Chelse you know what I mean. If it was us sneaking out of the hotel to go to the 7-eleven or coming up with another way to mock the cheerleaders. I loved those three years and I won't ever forget them.

Here is my favorite person in the whole world. This was Charlie's senior year and I had asked him to MORP. He wasn't to happy about going to a school dance, but we had fun. This was taken in November of 2001! This would be what I called our first real date. We were both so skinny.

This one is really old. This was taken during my 8th grade year, so that would have been the spring of 2000! In this picture: Stephanie (Jensen) Woolsteinhulme (sorry if thats spelled wrong), Chelse Matthews, Whitney (Jacobson) Liechty, Me, and Katie Boehme (not sure what her married name is). I don't even think I ever won anything in track, but in Bear Lake in middle school it was the thing to do. And we had a blast! One quote for Chelse...'girls this is not grab butt time!' ha ha. I had so much fun growing up in Bear Lake and that place and the people there are and always will be such a huge part of my life. Love you all!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Haha! Those pictures are awesome!

I was just thinking how skinny you and Charlie look in those high school pictures. No wonder his college baseball coach told him to put on some weight. ha

chelse said...

ohhh i miss those days!!! don't you? i LOVE that pic of us in middle school. i have it framed in my room still! so did you want me to do paintings of these or what were you thinking. I'm not good at realism so they would kinda be pics like the people i have painted. i can do realism in drawing though. so ya email me. my address is mat04013@byui.edu but if that won't work just write on my blog ;)

Lance and Jamie said...

Oh i love the pictures they make me laugh! I miss those days 2 we had lots of fun. Me and Lance where seriously thinking about that house :(

Candice said...

Hey Michelle! That's awesome it is your last year of school. I have three semesters left, so luckily I'm not far behind you! School gets old, doesn't it. What's your major?

Jill said...

Oh my! You two look like such babies in that MORP picture. ;)
How's school? Love ya!!!

Tracy Lawley said...

Hi, Your blog makes me miss y'all even more. I'm the one holding the camera in all of these memories! I am sure I still owe the Jacobson's child support or at least food! Love U/Mom