Okay so now we have lived through Ike! We are super lucky and so thankful that we didn't loose anything. I had to work yesterday, yes I had to go to the mall during the storm. And I got a chance to see how hard everyone around us got hit. And Charlie and I are so thankful that we didn't get hit like that. From the mall to our house, which is only about 5 miles, I counted 6 powerlines that were down. There were too many trees to count that had been knocked down. There were several roads closed, and I had to take some detours. The news said we only got an inch of rain. As for our house, Charlie was sent home from work early so everyone could get everything ready. We got everything in the yard picked up or tied down. Starting at about noon the lights started to flicker in a out, and we lost our AC at about one. We kept the weather channel on as long as we could but the power finally went out at about 3pm. I'm glad it was still light when it went out so that we could get everything in place to be in the dark all night. I helped charlie light some candles then I headed off to work. I got there and found out that the power had been out there for 30 mins and the mall finally closed at 5:30 and I got to come home. Charlie and I spent the rest of the night in the dark. But thank goodness we have a gas stove so I was still able to cook. We were up and moving by 7am this morning and the power has come back on. Charlie headed off to go to work, probably to clean up the Halliburton yard. And I was scheduled to be at work at 9am and they aren't letting anyone in the mall yet. And I won't know until 11am if we are going to be open today or not. In the slideshow you can see the pictures of our yard and how we got hit. We didn't get hit bad, our house is fine, our cars are fine, we just have a lot of branches and limbs down and at the back of our property we did have a tree go down. And there is a picture of the lady across the streets house and the tree in her front yard hanging on for dear life.
But if you really read the title of this blog it says that Ike was here, that was the storm. But it also says that Ike is here, that is because on Friday Charlie and I got a new puppy! I went to go and get Chloe some dog food, and the feed store had a puppy that they were trying to adopt out. I called Charlie, because we were looking for a new puppy. He said to get it. And Charlie got to name him, and he named him Ike after the hurricane. He is so sweet and is getting along great with Chloe. Chloe is super jelious, but she is learning how to play with him. They told me that he is a boarder collie mix, but I'm not so sure your guess is as good as mine. I would guess that he's just about 8 weeks old. We have a vet appointment on Tuesday and we'll find out for sure. But other than that we are back to life, and hoping that we don't have any more storms.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
We are soooooooooo grateful you are ok and that you didn't lose anything. Thanks for the awesome updates during the storm. It helped tremendously!!! Love ya!
i'm glad everything is okay for you guys. ike is sooo cute. too bad it doesn't last. and chloe is probably the only dog that i love unconditionally. at least you guys pick cute "kids" which is more that i can say for some people.
My new grand-puppy is a cutie pie! I like the name too, Ike. Very appropriate. Glad y'all survived the storm Ike! So what do you like best about Texas, the bugs or the storms? I'm sure you ask me about weather come January when we are under snow and 20 below and the dogwoods and azaleas are in bloom there. Love Y'all/Mom
oh my heck michelle i havent talked to you in so long. i hope you are doing well and that life is everything you want it to be. much love
Post a Comment