Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 5, 2008

THROUGH HURRICANE AND SCHOOL WE'RE STILL ALIVE!

Yes, its true we're still alive. I was kinda worried about the hurricane hitting us. They had projected its path to go right over us and our town. So we took all the steps we needed to to be prepared. They said that we were going to get 15 inches of rain and to be prepared for flooding. Well once Gustav hit Sherevport, which is only like 65 miles east of us just over the Louisana boarder, it shifted and headed north. So it rain, okay drizzled for two days and now it is bright and sunny again. We're glad it didn't hit us hard as they said, it would have ruined the weekend. Ha ha. In the last week since I wrote I have been busy! Charlie and his crew have started to slow down again, this is always the slow time for them, they'll pick up again after the new year. So he has been home more, and I'm loving it. On saturday night we through a birthday surprise for my friend Michelle, cause our work and school schedules are all so crazy we did this at 10 o'clock at night! Camila and I made a cake for her, isn't it cute. I think maybe too many candles though. She loved it and was very surprised. We stayed up all night and played board games and chated. Other than that Charlie and I have worked everyday, I have school, and we have been looking forward to this weekend. It's now friday and although I still have a ton of homework and reading to work on we are getting ready to leave. But not until we get our chores done around the house first. This morning Charlie got up to mow the lawn and Chloe went outside with him, you know to bark at the lawn mower one of her favorite things to do. And she found a friend in our yard, and let me tell you this is the second one she has found in our yard. She found a little turtle! Although this one is much bigger than the last one she found. I don't know why we have them in our yard?!?! Well this is Charlie's three day weekend off, and for those of you that don't know what we are doing this weekend. Charlie and I are headed to Dallas today to watch the Rangers play baseball, and not just against any old team, but yes THE BOSTON RED SOX!!! For those of you know that know Charlie you know what a big deal this is. He has been a fan forever, and has never seen them play in person. So when we moved last summer that was one thing he said that he wanted to do. Well it worked out that they were in town on his weekend off! I think it must be fate! So we bought tickets to Friday, Saturday, and Sunday's games, bought new Red Sox shirts, and we are staying in Dallas all weekend! We are both so excited! I all post Sunday or Monday and show you all the pictures! But in the mean time here is picture that I thought was cute, and really sums up a true red sox fan....

2 comments:

Tracy Lawley said...

Have a great weekend and cheer them Red Sox on to big victories. Love Y'all/Mom

Jill said...

Hey! Can't wait to see the game pics!